Breakfast at Antonio's, Tagaytay City

When you're tight and the next paycheck won't be released until centuries from now LOL, the best way to go is do a throwback to one of the heartiest and mouthwatering meals you have ever had, which is basically what I'm doing now :-D And it's not even Thursday yet. About two weeks ago, I had the chance to visit Tagaytay so I thought and insisted a meal in Breakfast at Antonio's should be experienced. Ironically, it wasn't even breakfast anymore when I got there. It was brunch first at Josephine's and BAA was reserved for dessert! It was only when I was already en route to Tagaytay when I learned that there are actually multiple Antonio's in the city. The one I saw on Instagram, which The Bag Hag posted, they said is the posher one. But I must say the architecture, location, and of course, the food from this Antonio's didn't fail me at all. In fact, it's worth going back! Yes, I would love to go back in the future.

This chocolate pancake something (sorry, I forgot the name again) with ice cream is just so yummy that I'm in deep regret for posting this entry now! Hahaha :-D I didn't get to finish this though as the serving is really huuuuge and my tummy is still stuffed with brunch from Josephine's! Thinking what I just had for dinner now before this blogtry, hmmm I just wanna sleep! LOL


Their cappuccino is pure heaven too. I'm not suppose to drink this one because I have lactose intolerance and it's dairy content will just make me ill, but damn, it's just sooo irresistible. And take note I still have to travel for hours back to Manila after this so that kind of worried me a bit. (the buses don't have their own restroom hahaha)


NOW, THE LOCATION and THE ARCHITECTURE

The place is just along Tagaytay-Nasugbu highway and if you are coming from Josephine's, which is near the Sky Ranch, it will just take you a few minutes to get to the place. And if you aren't too picky about the transportation, you can go for a jeepney ride and just coordinate with the driver for the drop off point. Not only will it save you some bucks, but you'll get to indulge a bit in the local "transculture" (transportation culture).


Just like one of those houses made into restaurants, you'll feel you're in a different dimension or time the moment you get in without being lost or disoriented. I'm not sure if the place used to be a house (though it looks like it), but the interior design and architecture are just so lovely that I can stay here the whole day just eating and relaxing. The indoor plants especially the ferns in a pot hanging remind me so much of how houses are in the province, in my "countryside." The dark wooden floors also add up to the traditional feel of the place. 


If you're quite bothered by the presence of other guests inside or if you feel like puffing a cigarette while having a meal, there is a long wooden table roofed by locally made materials outside as seen in the photo above where you can have al fresco dining while having quite a spectacular view of Taal lake and volcano right in front of your eyes. This spot can also be a perfect place for conversations full of laughter (so as not to disturb the people dining inside) Hahaha :-D


Since I wanted a view of the volcano and the lake while eating, I thought the spot in the photo above is perfect. See the ferns hanging beneath the cantilevered ceiling? That's what I was talking about earlier ;-) The view outside would have been much more breathtaking, but the hint of possible downpour made me think twice about dining outside. I'd like to believe that when the place was still a house, this spot used to be the balcony. Well, it still is except that it's got metal screens now.

My overall experience here did not disappoint at all. In fact, it was good enough that, like I said earlier, I would want to go back. The food was great. The place is really awesome. One thing though that my bud brought up was that the members of their staff were just taking their job too seriously. Some sincere smiles on their faces would have made the visit more comfortable and welcoming. I hope it wasn't because I was kinda dressed down Hahaha However, until now, I'm still wondering what it would have felt like if I really went there at breakfast time! Hahaha Will surely be earlier next time! 


XoXo,

Red Eye :-P

@EditsByRedEye (Instagram)
@EditsByRedEye (Twitter)
Edits By Red Eye (Facebook)

Comments

Popular Posts