Camiguin---A Sunset Story

Thanks to these Rumer songs playing in my Spotify. I'm driven to blog now and talk about the latest in my life. Not that it's so interesting and I hope that doesn't sound narcissist though. Hahaha I so love The Carpenters songs and Rumer being dubbed as the new Karen Carpenters gave that inspiration to deal with writer's block I think and do some 'hopeless romantic' writing! :-P

I'm currently in Camiguin with my buddy. I know. I know. I know! For those of you who had read my previous posts, you might be infuriated by me or probably happy for me. Things weren't so easy for the past few months. But as I've said in my Instagram, I can only love I guess and never hate! So I'm going for this another chance. Some of you might think I'm the stupid-est. :-( Three years have passed and giving it a try for more years or forever (if that really exists) could be worth it. I'll never know unless I try, unless I keep on trying!

I knew giving up wasn't an option. Though quitting my job wasn't really the best one if we talk about giving up. Well, that's another story and my career is something I got to figure out really soon. At this very moment though, I'm thinking I must have done something good for the universe to side on me. I'm not saying it will always will, but I'm hoping. Surely, there will be more challenges to come, but with what I've gone through for the past few months, do you think I've gone stronger? I will just remember what a special friend told me, 'I know you're more than what you think you are!' And I guess everybody is.

Here are some photos for some loving! For those who I've disappointed, I'm really sorry! And for those who have chosen to be happy for me despite everything, I will forever be grateful. Thank you! You know who you are and your names are eternally engraved here <3 






STAYING IN SOMEWHERE ELSE

The name of the resort is quite interesting, isn't it? For a price of Php 4,900.00 a night, I can assure you its' worth it. You get this villa with modern European architecture. The villa has two sleeping areas, separate toilet and shower room large enough for two occupants, two speakers are provided for some good music, an open bar with some free stuff, and a roof deck where guests can lounge with a tub as seen in the photo below. And this is the only place I've been I think where there are countless power outlets inside. Check the resort here SOMEWHERE ELSE BOUTIQUE RESORT :-) The place is owned by a French national, but while he isn't around during this stay, a German couple is managing the place for six weeks, friends of the owner. 






The main island provides gorgeous volcanic beaches if that's the term for it. Camiguin is a volcano island with only one active volcano today, Hibok-Hibok. The waves scare me as the seawater can get a little rough because of the wind and I think that's pretty normal here according to my friends. There are also resorts and restaurants nearby where you can have lunch or dinner or breakfast if your own resort doesn't serve one. 

I must say the food here is really cheap not to mention really delicious. Honestly the servings were big for a very minimal rate. Our resort breakfast is quite pricey though for a rate of Php 400.00 per person, but the again the serving could last you until dinner. :-D I wished I was able to take a photo of it earlier. I must've been too hungry that I feasted on it right away. I had been so excited about what the price looked like since last night. Hahaha :-D


THE WHITE ISLAND

Just a 10-minute pump boat ride from the main island is the white island. I'm not sure if it gets submerged if the weather condition goes its worst, but the sandbar is really one of the best I've been. The photos below prove what I'm talking about. The boat ride is Php 450.00 with an entrance fee of Php 20.00 per person. The boat man can wait for you until your satisfaction is over. :-D When you reach the island, people there offer you umbrellas for Php 150.0 each. There are also food stalls where you can buy lunch, but I would recommend you bring some lunch with you and probably your own umbrella. In our case, we just enjoyed the heat, the water, some people watching, and the conversations. And some big catching up!

We had our lunch yesterday at the main island. If I'm not mistaken, the name of that affordable restaurant that offered enormous servings was Northern Lights, just two hundred meters from where we docked. You can also ask locals for suggestions on where to dine. Today, we'll be having dinner possibly at Casa Rocca, a place recommended by Nadine, the wife of the German guy who manages the place for now. She said the sunset view there is spectacular. I'm so looking forward to that and I hope the weather condition today gets better as it's really gloomy outside since morning. 








SUNSET STORIES

I finally got this sunset moment again with my buddy. I didn't expect we could get this sunset view as we walked along the shore trying to find a place for dinner. We continued our catching up saga with the sunset as backdrop. It's spectacular, isn't it? There was no kiss. We didn't hold hands (I mockingly tried). But every moment with my buddy just makes the world a better place. They keep me sane and forget the anger and hurt in my heart. As I've mentioned in my Instagram again, not everybody may understand, but we can all blame it all to shooting stars or in this case, to that pretty sunset!



I'm not saying everything's going to be smooth-sailing from now on. I'm still here in Camiguin until tomorrow and trying to work things out with my best buddy in the whole wide romantic world. Hahaha He hates me for always going cheesy and probably feels awkward every time I recite romantic lines in front of him or talk about sweet nothings, but that's just how I am! And he's kept up with me on that for quite some time so I guess that's okay! Hahaha Anyway, not everyone is given another chance. If one gets more, he or she is lucky enough. And I guess I'm lucky enough. I fought and I'm not going to say I already won. But I will continue to work on this for more sunset stories, more wishing on shooting stars, and more meaningful conversations. 

Ciao for now!


XoXo,

Red Eye
@LifeOfRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)



Comments

Popular Posts