City of Golden Grains

So I'm on the road again. Should I say this is one of the perks of being jobless? Hahaha I hope so because if that's the case then I'd want to be jobless forever. :-D Just to keep this diary updated, I've started this 15-day journey last April 22 and the trip includes the whale shark watching in Oslob, which I've practically done countless times and an excursion to Tumalog falls, which I've done for the nth time too. But for me personally, the highlight of this trip would be my firsts---trekking Osmena Peak, going to Siquijor "Isla de Fuego," and lastly, touring my buddy around Dumaguete, which would include a day tour to Apo Island and the Twin Lakes. Isn't that exciting? I will surely post the details soon in my next entry probably and share some "stories."


For the time being, I just want to share the photos I've taken back in my home town during the last Holy Week. I haven't been home for more than a year until this holiday so I was excited and anxious at the same time especially on how I'm going to tell my family I've quit my job for six long years. Hahaha Good thing they're positive I can get a job soon, one that I really love. :-P


BAYAWAN BOULEVARD





When I was growing up, the boulevard was still a plan. How I wished it was already made when I was still a kid, but my childhood memories would have been different if it already existed back then. So I don't want to wish away my childhood days. I would want this place though to be called Bayawan Sunset Boulevard because it offers a great view of the sunset, a view that I never got to document and probably appreciate during my younger days. I guess being a kid, I only thought about play and nothing about romance that sunsets are usually associated to. So for this visit, I spent most of my afternoons just walking on the shores along our boulevard with the sunset as the backdrop. ;-)





NILUDHAN WATERFALLS

When the city government of Bayawan was trying to make a name in the field of tourism, the hunt for beautiful scenic spots was surely on their priority list and I guess the list included Niludhan falls. Everybody was talking about this natural wonder during my teenage years, but it was only now when I finally had the courage to check the place out having learned to be oblivious of the sun's heat. It's just close to an hour motorcycle trip from the city. Since it's summer, there was only one waterfall. Bummer! Hence, the photo below isn't that spectacular. You might want to check other photos online. :-D Albeit there were kids swimming, I wouldn't recommend anyone taking a dip though unless you can be sure you don't have sensitive skin. :-P





The photos below are taken on the way to the waterfalls. We used to have a farm in this area, but for some reason, we don't own the land now. Hahaha :-D Thanks to my university education (course), which I should have not taken anyway (insert sarcasm here). Hahaha :-P





WALKING DOWN MEMORY LANE

Stop me! I'm getting emotional. LOL. Every time I went home, I never missed looking at old photographs especially those that show my cute little face when I was a toddler. What happened now? My friend said maybe I've flirted too much so I got cursed. Hahaha Well, just look for the smiley one in the photo below and that's me! 




WHERE ARE THE GOLDEN GRAINS?

Not harvest time yet, maybe! Hahaha I should have stopped the motorcycle to take snapshots of the rice fields I spotted going to the mountain, but I think we were going too fast as the sun was becoming hotter and hotter. It wasn't that I was worried, but my friend who drove was. :-D I missed the golden grains, but it was truly heart-warming and quite fulfilling for me, someone who hadn't been home for such a long time, to meet my family and close friends again. I hope I could do this more often this year. 


XoXo,

Red Eye
@LifeOfRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)
Life Of Red Eye (Facebook)


Comments

Popular Posts