Over Muffins, Sandwiches, Macarons and Tea

Black Bird was the first choice. Then Dean and Deluca. But since these two sought-after restaurants don't serve their afternoon tea menu after 3:00 PM on Sundays, I decided to suggest TWG Tea Salon & Boutique, a tea house that I've always wanted to experience since I first saw it in Greenbelt 5 when I moved to the metro.  At first glance, I really thought the place is quite intimidating. Men are in their most dapper look and women are fully made-up in their poshest outfits. For someone like me who passes through Greenbelt to run errands for the studio I work in, just wearing black t-shirt, jeans, and my favorite red sneakers (I can't even remember where from), that sight I see can truly be a torment I don't even want to imagine, if you know what I mean! But when I got the chance to finally experience the TWG way of serving tea, what to wear didn't really bother me that much. A black shirt, a pair of grey skinny trousers, and my strap-ey mandals got me through!

So yes, this is where I celebrated my birthday! I don't usually fuss about celebrating birthdays because of the expectations from people Hahaha :-P And having had my share of "feast-ive" parties when I was a kid, I've reached the stage where being simply thankful for another year is enough or being with a few people who matter in my life can already be a huge reason to celebrate. Sounding cheesy, eh? Hahaha :-D Last year's celebration was unexpected too. I didn't intend to throw a big party, but a little intimate gathering was organized by my uber-sexy managers and a colleague. (The Wallflower's Day). Call me hopeless romantic or extremely corny, but being in my favorite place (right next to the person I love), is already a town painted in red, but since somebody offered on treating me out, I think it's not bad to get a little bonus! ;-)


The wide array of tea choices can utterly be overwhelming. Since they have "tea of the day" and the sample is aromatically enticing, I decided to get it. Just to save some energy too from browsing over a handful of tea options :-D



 And I think it's right to correct myself this time LOL I told them the meaning of TWG is The Wholesome Group, but with a little research done earlier, I found it's actually The Wellbeing Group Hahaha (Peace Sign) I'm not trying to be Mr. Know-It-All :-D






ON THE MENU

Aside from their afternoon tea menu, they also serve full meals, which we didn't bother checking as the whole point was to experience that traditional British/ French tea way of life though TWG is a company headquartered in Singapore. As always, I was so engrossed on the interior of the place, the architecture, how the staff members talk and move, and other guests so I wasn't able to take note of what I ordered. But I guess that's the mystery you have to unveil if you have not been to the place yet. I was sneakily taking photos of the place too and as soon as my order was served, I had to feast on it right away, I guess. For this occasion, we chose TWG's branch in Power Plant Mall at Rockwell area.

For a price of Php 650.00, I had three slices of sandwiches with vegetable salad (I wished it came with a mouthwatering dressing), two big muffins that I didn't get to finish because they were huge and I'm becoming conscious of my diet LOL, three macarons that are totally decadent, and of course, the tea of the day, which name I can't remember Hahaha If the price of the tea is more than Php 200.00 though (Hopefully my memory is serving me right), you will need to add an additional Php 150.00. My order can be shared by two, but since it was our first visit, we asked for two sets, which wasn't bad at all anyway. Hehehe The price for one set is, I think, reasonable enough if you get to indulge on everything in a cozy place with great interior and a classical music playing. But if I were to go back on my own, I betta think twice, baby! Hahaha







WHAT'S NEXT FOR RED EYE?

Back to where I started or where I left? Or to where I had that stopover? Hahaha I can't really figure out right now. It's pouring outside while I write this and my washing got wet again Grrrr Hahaha It's like every time I make a move, I always get tested. My faith is always put to a test. But whether I'm okay now or still not, I'm still in awe on how I can be sane and nice amidst all the ammos that struck my heart and kept it bleeding for the past few weeks. The trigger was pulled right in front of me, but I stood still. I'm a total hypocrite if I say I didn't lose myself many times along the way so, yes, I did, to the point of biting the bed cushions to avoid inflicting pain to the gun that hurt me. Now, this is really coming from something. Hahaha Anyway, as they say, if it happened once, it can be a mistake or accident, but if you allow it to happen for the second or third or fourth time, that's already a decision. See? Can you even follow my train of thought? Am I talking in contradiction here? Hahaha #istillgetaffected #thethoughtsstillhauntme #picturesinmymind :-D

So much about serious stuff, I'm just really thankful for another year I'm given. I used to fear growing old because of getting wrinkles hahaha and becoming weak and dependent, but as it actually happens to me, I kind of learned to embrace and be grateful for it. I just hope I get wiser each and every day. I have more time to discover and experience things. And more time to better myself and the status quo? And reflecting on everything that occurred, I realized I'm still too young to sulk over matters that are hard to change. When in fact, I could focus more on changing something that I have access to changing---myself! :-P So, I guess, this birthday is still worth celebrating. Cheers to the wrinkles many years from now and the strands of grey hair that will soon lord over Hahaha And thanks for this birthday treat bud!


XoXo,

Red Eye :-P

@EditsByRedEye (Instagram)
@EditsByRedEye (Twitter)
Edits By Red Eye (Facebook)

P.S. Thanks to my boss Ica Serafica for the birthday surprise too. It was defo something I didn't expect and thanks for always being there to listen to my "heart attacks"---something I didn't expect I could share to you! Hahaha :-D 

With my boss in white top and interns namely Anne who celebrated her birthday a few days before mine, Nicole who's got a bright future ahead of her, Nat the heiress, Ester our candidly funny sewer, and Rowell the "stronging" pattern-maker :-D


Comments

Popular Posts