A Short Stint at L'Officiel Manila

"Hello! It's me. I've been wondering if after all these (months) I'd like to blog again!" That's completely the song I want to sing to myself now! Hahaha It's been like whaaaaat? More than two months since I last blogged. First, my laptop has finally given up on me, but only temporarily, I realized. Second, a friend of mine found a way to reformat my lappy, but unfortunately this time, it's Sky Cable Broadband that ruined my supposed resurrection in the blogosphere and my Christmas holiday after they decided to do maintenance to their lines in our building during this season! Very inconsiderate, right? :-( I was wondering what was in their minds when they decided to do this very untimely maintenance. 

I don't want to be such a downer though in this very festive season so let me share some kind of good news to you (if you happen to drop by). I also considered this an early Christmas present. As you all know, I have a full-time job during the day, but to my surprise last October, I got an email from Pam Quinones as a response to the application email I sent many many months prior that I can do internship to either Qurator, the celebrity styling group she founded, or L'Officiel Manila where she functions as the Editor-in-Chief! Just imagine how ecstatic I was when I received this good news! Reflecting on what happened for the last few months, I kind of thought my laptop's short-lived passing was a blessing in disguise because during these times, my hands were really full of work to do---from my full-time job to my internship, which started from 6pm onwards, until I get to finish the tasks given to me. To cut the long story short, I became an intern at L'Officiel and I was able to participate in the publication's December-January issue. (Wishing to do more come January for future issues) ;-)

Bea Valdes on the cover of L'Officiel Manila, the edition of the magazine where I had the honor of contributing as an intern! ;-)


When I started, I really had no idea what was going to happen. All I knew was the excitement as well as the pressure I felt the moment I had a sit-down orientation with the editors of L'Officiel Manila. No particular tasks were brought up, but I was assured it would, most of the time, involve a lot of leg work, which was totally fine (as I'm used to it) and thrilling for me! :-D The cover shoot wasn't done yet too when I started so it was something from the experience that I was so looking forward to participating. I totally felt like I was almost making my dream come true---to work in a fashion magazine. I assisted in photo shoots, handled pull-outs, and surprisingly, I was given the task to write as well. The articles I wrote may have not been published for now, but the experience and the feeling that my contribution somehow mattered is surreal and quite fulfilling! 

Well, I guess this is it, for now. I don't want this entry to become novel-ish. And it's Christmas too. It may be such a bad timing for me sharing this as everyone's busy for sure spending the holidays abroad, in their respective provinces, or at work (which is quite sad to many). I just really want to grab this rare chance to blog again and you know, I had to travel from Makati to Quezon City, brave the quite jam-packed LRT ride, and ask a friend to adopt me so I'll have unlimited access to the internet and update this online diary of mine! :-D

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! <3


XoXo, 

Red Eye ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts