Life is much better with Mandals

For lack of exciting things to do one Sunday afternoon, my fashion designer friend (Rani) and I decided to give another friend of ours (Kevin) some good hassle by going to his place. He moved to a new apartment more than a month ago together with this architect fellas. He frequents my place whenever he's got nothing to do so this time, I thought it was perfect to go to his flat with Rani as company. The three of us also agreed to try something new together, which was my first experience too. But I'm not gonna tell you what that was! Hahaha :-D

Rani and I have been planning to catch up too so she can hand me the pair of mandals she personally designed for the collection she presented during her graduation during the Manila Fashion Festival. The pair is a token of appreciation from her for the little contribution I did in the making of her look book. So over a bottle of brandy, some cigarette sticks, and slices of pizza and cake, we did a little photo shoot featuring our haggard-ous faces and of course, the lovely pair of mandals I was given. Talk about perks of friendship!


This pair is part of Ranroe, the brand that Rani is building. We will be working together in coming up with new designs, which will hopefully materialize come first quarter next year. I couldn't be any excited about this project! :-P



THE MANDALS ADDICTION

As of this writing, I only have three pairs of mandals, which is incredibly a small number compared to those who have hundreds of it in their wardrobe. Aside from my wildest dream of having a huge collection of fashionable and comfy pairs of shorts, mandals addiction is something I wanna get into as well. The lack of personally likable and affordable options for these items out there makes me really excited about the project Rani and I are planning to start. I've seen amazing designs of shorts and mandals from Salvatore Ferragamo to Hermes to Versace, but not everyone can afford these brands, right? So we kinda thought about making these fashion staples reachable to many including myself! I just wish I could wear my pair to work without being reprimanded! Hahaha :-D




The sunnies babies! LOL

Kevin, the architect, and Ranroe, the fashion designer! :-D


The last four photos though didn't show any mandals. Hahaha I just wanna share the little riot that happened in Kevin's room as we tried to capture the artsiest photo with a 70's vibe. Those weirdly shaped sunnies, the flicking of cigarette sticks, and thanks to apps with countless filters, we got that 70's mood in most of our shots! Hahaha We should have worn a pair of bell bottoms too!  It was indeed an afternoon well spent! 

 'Til next time!

XoXo, 

Red Eye :-)


Comments

Popular Posts