The Wallflower's Day

Life is indeed full of surprises! I didn't think of celebrating my birthday this year as I hadn't found any special reasons to do so as compared to last year when someone special came along and spent time with me. We celebrated my birthday together. But knowing that this special person won't be able to be with me this year, I thought that I'd just spend my birthday like an ordinary day at the office---evaluate calls, coach and assist my agents, join meetings here and there, and do the routinely done admin tasks. Everyone in my team knew that my birthday was coming and they kept on asking what my plan was so I told them I didn't have any. Little did I know they planned something for me.

So the day before my birthday, greetings were already flooding in the office and to cut the long story short, my team surprised me of a little birthday celebration in our office cafe. And instead of working on my birthday, my manager and I 'negotiated' that we celebrate my day at a resort in Mactan island. But before we decided to go to Best Western Sandbar, Bellevue Resort in Bohol and Shangri-La Mactan were among our choices. Due to the unpredictable weather conditions in the country this rainy season, we didn't risk ferrying ourselves to Bohol and spending too much money for a five-star resort, so we made our choice! :-D 


Aside from the surprise birthday celebration made possible by my team, they give me this wonderful present. It contains loads of messages about which country they wish me to visit as they all know I want to travel and see the world. How sweet of them to do this. I couldn't be any more thankful.



View of the pool from our room balcony. All rooms in this resort have its own balcony with a sea view. The construction of the main building where this photo was taken is still going on. There are still unpainted walls though the owner is already having another 300-room building on a lot where the trucks are located, which can be seen from this photo too.

View of the main building from the pool area. I wouldn't say I was totally impressed. Maybe because the resort is still far from completion, but in all fairness to the resort,  it's a decent place to spend the weekend or a holiday in. The lobby setting is good and furnishings are pretty, but I thought they can do more for the resort. I also felt that they used an inappropriate furniture design for its restaurant, which is more of an outdoor piece! I must say though that the buffet offers a lot of choices for guests. If only my tummy wasn't full when we had breakfast, I would've had eaten one of each of the food served.

My colleague who happens to know I am super fan of Lady Gaga gave this cake as a  birthday present. Isn't that sweet? :-D I would have wanted to see Kylie Minogue, Mariah Carey, Spice Girls, and Enrique Iglesias on each side though. Hahaha :-D

The elusive sunset. I took a nap after our lunch so I'd have all energy I need to witness the splendor of Cebu sunset, but I guess I was a little late so I only got this view to capture.

The pool area at night. I would've loved it more if the pool were at least five feet deep, but I think they wanted it to be child-friendly. There are also slides that can be enjoyed by guests.

Before we thought of what food to prepare, having wine was on top of our itinerary and so we made it happen. Thanks to Mommy Rena for allowing us to get this from her bar.

I grew up not wanting to be on the spotlight. I was always a wallflower, but I think this is one of the perks of being a wallflower. Hahaha :-D

The Wallflower. Am I really one? :-D Hahaha


I never thought I had that much love around me. I didn't ask for it, but I got it. All I know is I know how to love and when I give it, I give it with all sincerity. I don't want to play hypocrite. Yes, I would say my birthday would have been greater if that someone was with me during my day, but I was undeniably happy and grateful for the outpouring of love from my friends and family. It was overwhelming and truly an eye-opener. I'll be eternally grateful. Many thanks to my manager, Ailyn, for planning all of what happened and Mommy Rena for the generosity and Divine for the good company. I wished I could have invited everyone, but you all know how thankful I am for you love and support. And to you, thanks for the love (The video and Facetime greetings)! 😊

This is just so true! Thank you Lord for another year.



XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

P.S. Having a break in the middle of my fashion week posts! Hahaha #happybirthdayvirgoans

Comments

Popular Posts