A Place I Call Home---Cebu

Homesick? Maybe! I've been away from the city where I lived for six long years and I couldn't help, but miss the people (and the place) whom I made memories with since I started working after graduation. Aside from my hometown, Bayawan City, I consider Cebu my home too. It's the place where I discovered a lot about myself and figured what I really want to do in life (at least, for now) Hahaha And other than my family, it's become a haven for people who truly care for me both personally and professionally. I wish going back to my life there was easy, but as Anna Wintour said, "Fashion is all about moving forward," and so is life!

My previous manager's (Mommy Rena) lovely daughter was turning eighteen and her debut party was an event I had an honor of participating in. Being the aspiring fashion stylist that I am, I was tasked to choose, which looks were best for her during the pre-debut shoot and the actual event. Thanks to Facetime for making it easy :-D It was such a downer though that I only had a few hours to stay in Cebu. Had I known it was a regular holiday before the event, I would've been able to stay longer than twenty four hours :-( But I still got to catch up with a few friends and it was heartwarming to know they've been dying to see me also. 


The dressing up is the hardest part! :-D



The debutante's gown designed by @Jerrickoi


The debutante's family---Daddy Amadeo, Karen (The Debutante), Anton (also a birthday celebrator), and Mommy Rena (everyone's mommy).


Charlie's Angels? With Divine in the middle, my mortal frenemy! :-D And Ailyn, who was not just a boss, but a friend, a sister, and a confidante too. I just missed these two sexy supportive ladies so badly. 

Catching up with the @MikeJunJumila Like the usual, the convo was about my love life, his love life! :-D Or everyone's love life over chicken and shrimps at Casa Verde (Green House).


Everybody was saying I lost weight. Hence, the confidence of tucking my top in! :-D Thanks to my cheap fashion finds from Manila. Message me for details. Hahaha :-D


This is the first time I've actually posted quite a few photos of myself, which I seldom do because it's either I'm too shy or I just didn't capture the most artsy picture! Hahaha But thanks to this occasion that pushed me to dress up. And of course, to meet a few important people in my life. If only I could do this everyday, be myself and just talk and talk and talk with friends until the wee hours of the morning, and laugh at the top of my lungs, as hard as I can. And I hope what I've given up is worth it. :-P Homesick, indeed!

XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

@EditsByRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)
Life Of Red Eye (Facebook)

Photo credits to Karen Mae Oacan's (The Debutante) tagged Facebook photos. Thank you for the trust and the invite. Location: Bayfront Hotel Cebu :-)




Comments

Popular Posts