Labor Day Food Coma

"...the completely natural feeling of fatigue you get when you've finished eating a meal," as food coma is defined! While the youngsters (and the party animals) are in Boracay for #laboracay, two of my friends and I found ourselves binge-eating authentic Chinese food in Binondo, Manila's Chinatown. I only frequent one restaurant there, which I blogged about before Ying Ying Tea House---The Unexpected Comeback and I've always wanted to take my friends there to feast on the many food choices the place has. For some reason though, our plans always get cancelled. But this time, Nicole and I were unstoppable. I also tagged along Islaw, a friend of mine who'd been to Ying Ying already when he joined a food crawl!

Occasions like this, Nicole and I would usually take advantage for us to "dress-up" and don our new fashion finds or just simply play mix and match using whatever we already have in our closet. Since I recently purchased a top from one of the vintage stores (ukay-ukay) in Makati Cinema Square, I thought our Chinatown excursion was the perfect chance to first use it. I've had this penchant for knee-length tops since forever, but it's only nowadays that I'm having the guts to wear them especially when Marc Jacobs, Bryanboy, and many more pushed androgyny to the next level. I'm not sure if I used the right term, but men especially from the international fashion scene have started to pile and use women's fashion pieces (or inspired by it) in their wardrobe, slowly eradicating some of the many "double-standards" in the industry. 

With full tummies and sleepy heads---yes, it was indeed food coma---I thought we'd never be able to take decent shots of what we wore, but hey, after spotting a workable background at Lucky Chinatown Mall, the clicks and poses eventually rolled.

Initially, I wanted to wear a pair of sneakers, but that didn't work out so I opted to use my Ranroe mandals and I'm still in awe of how they can work with anything. I bet even if I wear a suit, they'd still be perfect! ;-)

The shirt dress for men!

So I've had this pair of denim pants that didn't look good as pants anymore so I chopped it off and unsuccessfully ripped the front! :-D

 The gang at Ying Ying's Tea House! I had everyone taste my all-time favorite, Hong Ma, and of course, the very famous Yang Chow! :-D The food was too much that we were able to take home some leftovers! Forgive the gluttons, oh God! (Only for this day!)


Hope you had a fun-filled Labor Day celebration wherever you are! <3


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts