Tsokolateria---Famous for Everything Cacao

Sundays will always be about food. Aside from going to church, which I was required to do until I got a little bit of freedom in college, what's for lunch or afternoon snacks was always a consideration. From the church, my mum and I would usually drop by the market to buy ingredients we need for our lunch while my papa waited for us at the parking with his very old Honda TMX motorcycle, which is now left in ruins in a junk shop! Hahaha :-D And she would never fail asking me what I want. So I always thought Sundays were for me, about me! You know she was very tough on me growing up. Having a mother with high expectations of you can be unsurprisingly difficult, but she had her way of showing her love like any mother does. ***teary-eyed LOL

Fast forward thirteen years later, I still have the same feels about Sundays expect that I now live independently, sharing a one-bedroom flat with six other housemates. It's a crowd, right? But it's fun, always fun. It never makes me feel alone! Also, I don't go to a local market anymore or think about what to cook for lunch. A cup of coffee, pan de sal, some music, and social media---I can already get through Sundays. Even if I went to our hometown, things will never be the same especially after my mum succumbed to breast cancer when I was eighteen. So every time I have a chance to go on a holiday, indulging in good food is never last on my priorities. In fact, I prefer it more than shopping and I don't remember any trip I had where I really shopped Hahaha 

Discovering an endorphin sanctuary along Session Road was definitely the perfect elixir to my on and off nostalgia of what food indulgence was like many years ago. While I'm back in my usual Sunday meals in the metro, I couldn't help, but think of the "bittersweet" experience I had in Tsokolateria, Baguio!

I thought my Baguio experience won't be complete without strawberries making love with my palates. Hahaha So here's the Tablea Strawberry Waffles I shared with a friend @ColeySilva! :-P


We had cacao trees in the province and I remember my lolo would dry the seeds up after we sucked all the pulp from it then he would bring them to the grinding shop. And then they become tableas. Hahaha Life in the province! ***sigh :-D

Just enough sweetness! You can get this for Php 270.00 and it can be shared by two people. Unless you're in dire need of an endorphin boost so you can have it all to yourself. 

Fill my empty demitasse with your sweetness and you're enough dessert I can wallow in all my life. LOL :-D

Tsokolate-eh, the bittersweet concoction. But our special request was to put more "sweet" than "bitter" in their mixture. Yes, there was a #hugot moment! Hahaha Never a day without that! We were like "Pwede bang mas madami ang sweet kase masyado na kaming bitter eh?" Hahaha Get sweetened for only Php 160.00 

The place is located in Igorot Stairs along Upper Session Road. Once you enter the cafe, you need to go downhill to get to the cabanas. We chose the one at the bottom to be away from other guests. The only struggle was calling the food attendants. Hahaha They're all so sweet though like their cacao preparations! 

What they serve are undeniably mouthwatering, but what also enticed us is how the place is designed and decorated and where it's located too. The cabanas are adorned with local plants and kept cool by surrounding tall trees. Flowers can also be spotted in some corners for a pop of color.

To prove Red Eye was really there! Hahaha They should get Coley though to improve their menu's design. It deserves a much sweeter, much cuter presentation, we think! :-P

 Climbing the stairs was a bit of an effort. My feet may not be that pretty, but they deserve some rest too. Hahaha With their strappy best friend again, Ranroe Mandals


It's pure chocolate haven, but make it "heaven" if you plan a weekend getaway in Baguio by sharing chocolate treats here with your family, friends, the special people in your life. My longing for Sunday lunches, "Nilagang Baka" (Filipino Beef Stew with Clear Broth) or that Tablea Strawberry Waffle and Tsokolate-eh drink may not be satisfied AGAIN real soon, but I have the reminiscences to remind me that there are always better days ahead. 

Endorphin-ed!

Tsokolateria Artisanal Cafe is located at Igorot Stairs, Upper Session Road, Baguio City, Benguet 
Check them out on Facebook!

XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts