Gramercy

I know it's already been a week since my last entry. I guess not being able to post everyday is a fact I'll have to deal with given I have an eight-hour full-time job. ***Excuses Hahaha Since I've been out for three consecutive nights and spent some cash on dine outs and karaoke, I thought I should do the laundry this weekend instead of bringing my soiled clothes to the laundry station in order to save some money. Hahaha But due to lack of laundry experience and not listening to my housemate, I ended up staining my new khaki pair of pants after mixing it with my denim pairs. :-( They were soaked overnight so the staining was really bad so this morning I had to soak my new pair in hot water in hopes of getting rid of the discoloration. :-D Keeping my fingers crossed!!! :-P

A few days ago though, my boss invited our previous interns and I for a swim in her condo so I thought this was a perfect timing for me to lighten up my Sunday after my "staining" laundry encounter. Albeit the laundry moment was unexpected and it's not as if I knew it would happen and the swim will have to save the day, I hoped the swim to still push through despite the constant pouring outside, which could have hindered our planned Sunday afternoon getaway. We've long planned the swim, but it was only last Wednesday when my boss finally decided to make it happen as a way for her to thank our interns for a job well done for the past few months. Coincidentally, her place is called The Gramercy Residences for which Gramercy is an interjection that means "many thanks" or "an expression of surprise, wonder, etc," from an Old French grand merci or "great thanks!" according to The Free Dictionary. Aside from my laundry lessons, this is defo something I learned today. Hahaha :-D


Part of the grandiose lobby of the building.


There are three pools in the tower. This one is part of the main pool, which offers a picturesque view of the Makati skyline.


Part of the Makati skyline as seen from the main pool. I didn't bother taking a photo of the kiddie pool though as it was filled with people earlier. :-D


This lap pool, I must say, is the favorite of my boss. She swims as therapy and exercise. There is a steam bath available in the women's locker/ shower room while a sauna is for men's.


The residents of the place also have their own private entry to the nearby Century Mall built by the same developer as the condo. More residential buildings will rise soon within Century City, a development by Century Properties endorsed by the likes of Paris Hilton, Piolo Pascual, etc. While we were swimming earlier, I didn't only wish the sun was up, but also having a unit of my own in one of the towers that will soon erect in the area. Hahaha :-D Trump Tower Manila, The Knightsbridge Residences, and The Milano Residences for residential edifices. Century Spire Office Buildings, Forbes Media Tower, and Centuria Medical Makati will be the commercial ones. For now though, I'll keep up with what I have at Unit 2423. Guess where? 

I don't have the financial luxury anymore, for the time being, to go on travels around or outside the country so I'll have to settle for and enjoy perks like this---invites from friends, or in this case, my boss---to have that much-wanted R&R someway, somehow. I have to admit I missed my life before---the laid-back life in Cebu, my job and all the perks that came with it, the friendships made through the years, and most especially, the endless vacation leaves that I could use to spend time with my buddy, but I guess we'll never know the possibilities there are for us if we don't get out of our comfort zone. And would the laundry experience be a good example too? :-D


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)
@EditsByRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)
Life Of Red Eye (Facebook)

P.S. Thank you, Miss Ica, for the invite. For those who are dropping by, visit her website www.icaserafica.com and check out designs for the modern and empowered women of today! 




Comments

Popular Posts