Life in the Studio

It was and it's still an ongoing battle trying to get into the world of fashion. The only access I had to this industry many years ago were the magazines my mom subscribed to when I was a kid. I then started to collect my own after getting into the university hmmm circa 2004! Yes, 2004 and it's now 2015, and I am still not doing what I really want to do in this industry! As they say, timing is everything. So I guess I got to wait for that moment! :-P

A few months ago though, after trying to hard to make appointments with editors in hopes of being given the chance to show them my portfolio and convince them "I can do this job!," I was given the opportunity by someone to finally jump-start my career in fashion, not as a Fashion/ Editorial Assistant to a noteworthy fashion magazine nor a stylist to celebrities nor a Fashion Editor/ Creative Director, but as a Fashion Studio Admin Assistant to a brand/ designer whose work I truly believe in. I thought that so long as there is the word fashion in it, I can somehow tell myself, "I'm finally in!" Hahaha :-D 


Open shoes aren't allowed! :-D Top by The Ramp Crossings, Red Rucksack by Penguin, Skinny Trousers and Pair of Sandals are cheap finds somewhere! :-P


Assisting one of our guests in a workshop facilitated by our Founder and Design Director, Ica Serafica, last May 2015.

The aspiring Fashion Editor-Slash-Creative Director! :-D


So the perks include meeting celebrity stylists, magazine editors, or interviewing good-looking applicants :-D Though my tasks are mostly admin, I can say my role in general is a bit complex (should I say fashionably complex?) Hahaha but I don't want to bore you by enumerating what I do at work. Better yet, try something like my role now and be surprised. One thing's for sure though, this leap of faith is truly life-changing and offers bountiful of learning. I cannot stress out how my personality has been tested since I started, but I can say believing in goodness can take us farther. I may not be doing what I really want to do yet, for now, but every bit of lesson and piece of experience from this world I'm currently in will surely be something I can take with me as I continue to journey towards the world of the unknown. 


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

@EditsByRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)
Life Of Red Eye (Facebook)

P.S. Get to know more about the brand I'm honored to be working for. Visit www.icaserafica.com :-) You can also visit us at Unit 303 Mile Long Bldg., Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229 or call these numbers: (2) 856 3356 and 0917 632 3403 



Comments

Popular Posts