The New Andy Sachs

Remember the girl from Avon, Connecticut, who moved to New York city to seek for possible opportunities in the field of journalism? But fate kind of played on her and ended up being Miranda Priestly's junior assistant for Runway magazine. Her name is Andy Sachs, right? And that's not me! Hahaha I just sort of started as a fashion industry hopeful, trying to pursue a career in a magazine, but things turned out differently too. I knew Miranda, fictionally known as a legend in the fashion industry, is also notorious for being unpredictable and a true test to whoever wants to get into the industry. Andy somehow managed to win her heart and loads of opportunities came in her way eventually.

I'm not exactly in the same shoes with Andy, but being appreciated for some work that I didn't expect would get noticed is just so heartwarming; it really made my day! We usually have work on a Saturday, but for some unfortunate reason, we had to make it a day off. If I had enough in my pocket, it would've been nice to spend the weekend somewhere especially that I really miss travelling so bad. I know I had just been to Cebu, but that's a different story and it was just even an overnight stay anyway. The other side of me though wished that we had work today because every dime I earn as I live here in the metro is so crucial in making ends meet! Hahaha Yeah, life's different now! :-D However, a text message I got this morning turned the situation around and it's something my bank account should thank for. Hahaha A client is coming so I'm needed in the studio to render my services as the assistant. Yehey! That's just the bonus I must say because it's the compliment I got from my boss that really took the cake.


Photo credits to Alyssa Litman :-)



The assistant's throne! :-P

WHEN YOU BELIEVE

This is not the song if you're thinking about it :-D Hahaha When I first saw the works from +Ica Serafica label, I knew from within that it will a brand whose aesthetics I will truly believe in. And when I finally became part of it, I couldn't be any prouder of the work that had been previously done and the work that we still continue to do as a fashion brand ;-) Working as the assistant to the design director gave me access to the nitty-gritty and witnessed  how each work of art is painstakingly made.

I may not have been there when the pieces from previous seasons were made, but I was able to touch and see closely the items that are surely made out of a creative mind and hardworking hands. And it's quite sad to say that we are letting go of these works of art now. Yeah, pieces from Spring/ Summer 2015 collection of +Ica Serafica are still on sale, up to 50% off on select items. Visit http://www.icaserafica.com for more photos. Below are some of my personal favorites, which could be your favorites too, soon!












THE NEW ANDY SACHS?

I don't think so! She has her own story and I have my own to make sense of too :-D She became a swan after the cerulean sweater situation that failed her in front of Miranda while I'm still a work in progress. I guess we always are. I still got more clients to take care of in front of the prying eyes of my boss (peace sign hahaha), more receipts to fill out and track (yehey, sales!), and generally, more exciting moments to share with our lovely staff especially that you will be coming to our studio for our ongoing sale, right? :-P Our ongoing sale is only up to the end of July 2015. Get up and go! See you and I'm looking forward to see you soon in your +Ica Serafica 


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

@EditsbyRedEye (Instagram)
@RedEye0920 (Twitter)
Life Of Red Eye (Facebook)

P.S. Photo credits to +Ica Serafica (website) for the model photos used above. Studio Location: Unit 303 Mile Long Bldg., Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229 or contact (2) 856 3356 or +63 917 632 3403.




Comments

Popular Posts