Finding Solace in Aplaya Caarusipan---San Antonio, Zambales



It's been a long time, since this public diary of mine has gone dormant. I took the non-renewal of my domain as an excuse to be less motivated to write. And aside from the sudden changes that happened in my life a few years ago---new job, restructured priorities---blogging had gone quite archaic that my interest in it had somehow faded as well. Then vlogging surfaced, a new form of entertainment and source of information that continuously challenges mainstream media to an incredible degree, round-the-clock.

I wasn't ready to jump on the bandwagon. Though I can talk endlessly about things I am passionate and knowledgeable about or even those little things that I am just merely curious on, let's admit it, physical appearance is a factor especially when the talking happens in front of the camera. It's the first thing that people are attracted to and your audience sticking with you would depend on how meaty and creative your content is. I don't intend to generalize, but we can't be oblivious of this painful fact. I thought my face was not ready yet and so is YouTube LOL!

It also takes me a while to warm up whether to people, things, food, and trends, etc, basically, almost in all aspects. I listen to my body first. I critique. I try to feel things first before I can say it is for me, it is something I am comfortable doing. Maybe that's the reason why success is quite elusive.  Going out of my comfort zone is pretty unnatural. 

So I go back to writing. Here I am trying to make sense of the all the stops and go's, the ugly and pretty, the exciting and boring, and the unknown and the celebrated in the months and years that had gone by one word at a time, photo after photo.


APLAYA CAARUSIPAN CAMP and BEACH RESORT

Let me share with you this quick holiday I had in San Antonio, Zambales. My first in the province was in San Narciso at Crystal Beach Resort. Click here! This time around I stayed in a resort recommended by a friend. We planned on visiting this place together, but due to our conflicting schedules, I managed to come here first. She eventually came though with her boyfriend. We both had a nice stay and in fact, I always plan on traveling back with more people to make new memories and experiences.

The resort offers a variety of options for accommodation. You can see below for details or visit their Facebook page here. As for us, our accommodation is one of the cottages in the photo. It may be hot at day time, but trust me, it can get really cold at night so better not forget to bring your sheets and blankets for a more comfortable sleep. 

It took one good reason for me to finally decide to come here after hesitating many times because of the travel time. The beaches are not that gorgeous as well if we compare it to the likes of Palawan, Boracay, Cebu or Bohol. But for a quick weekend getaway, it isn't bad. One thing that separates this resort from something like Crystal Beach Resort is that it isn't very commercial in my experience. I noticed a lot of empty spaces wrapping the resort giving my stay a little bit of exclusivity. I turned a blind eye on the distance whether from Metro Manila to Zambales or from the main road of San Antonio, Zambales to the resort itself because I knew there's peace and tranquility that was waiting for me to indulge on. And yes, the long wait was worth it. 

The resort has a shared kitchen and toilet and bath. As mentioned, it is quite far from the town proper so I would recommend that if you travel as a group, better do grocery shopping and just cook your food in the resort. The kitchen has utensils that you can rent if you don't want to burden yourselves from bringing your own kitchenware. If you are not too keen on traveling even at night, you can have your transportation arranged by the resort owner unless you have your own car service.  The tricycle ride can be pricey, but with extra cash on hand, it would not hurt that much. You can do this especially for dinner as the local market sells many fresh produce so buying goods from there would surely not disappoint. Also, a food market opens at night, which I got to try. You can agree with the tricycle driver about your pick-up time so you won't have to worry about looking for another ride on the way back to the resort. 




Resort rates might have changed over time. Please visit their Facebook page through the link above for the updated figures.







There's not much to do here. If your intent is to party then maybe this place is not for you. However, the resort offers a perfect backdrop for you to enjoy a book or two. It's a cozy haven for some intimate, grown-up, or even naughty conversations, whichever you feel like having, depending on who you are with. Though the waves don't look as friendly, they serve as perfect contrast to one of the best sunsets I've laid my eyes on, painting the skies with hues of orange and gold.

It is a canvas to a beautiful artwork that only nature can give.

No filter needed.

Also, no filter needed! LOL 

I wish the drive to write about my trips continues. A lot of stories are still left untold, tons of photographs to unfold. It is not easy to open up, but there is relief in release I must say. More than a year after this trip happened, writing felt like home again.

There is comfort in Aplaya. There is solace in writing!




XoXo,


Red Eye

Edits by Red Eye (Instagram)

Comments

Popular Posts