Zam-BAE-les(s)

The bae's have gone wild, but not really! More than a month after this trip was booked, I should say the wait was worth it except that one of the bae's, supposedly the life of the party, was not feeling well. I'm talking about the The Sassy Theory! :-D Why, Sas? Why? Hahaha Also, it's kinda weird that I'm referring to the group as bae's. LOLerz So not us! Sex and the City or Victoria Secret Angels or Taylor Swift's Squad would have been more apt. Hahaha Perfect timing for the Team Kimye versus Team Taylor that's storming the internet since the past few days! 

Wonderful, fun memories that will surely last a lifetime and having spent less than Php 2,000.00 only (per person), not bad for a short holiday, right? Though we wished we had our real bae's there, as if we all have one! Hahaha I'm kidding. It was purely an "all friends" vacation and we can only scream one word after that "MORE" Being the Virgo that I am, the separation anxiety was quite unbearable.

Never a beach or mountain retreat without chasing sunsets. Here's one for sunset lovers! <3



SISTERHOOD of the TRAVELING BAE's

Since Saskia couldn't join us, we made sure to take the pair of cat-eye sunnies she left at Anne's place during one of the house parties we did last summer. That way we can still have her company. Hahaha :-D The travel time from the metro to San Narciso, Zambales took 4-5 hours especially that we weren't too familiar of the location yet, plus the traffic situation. We initially wanted to take the bus, but since Anne offered to drive us through, we thought it was better and here's why:

1. Saves money --- you'll only pay for the gas (and toll gates) and you can estimate how much you need to fill the tank in. And probably treat your friend who's driving for lunch or dinner. We apologize for forgetting, Anne. Hahaha

2. More freedom --- you can have unlimited stopovers whenever anyone wants to eat or needs the toilet for some business, or for some photo op. Also, neither your group nor other passengers will be disturbed. "...scream and shout and let it all out..."

3. Carpool karaoke --- this is something we can't freely do in a bus. The best thing we could do is to put our headsets on and that's it. But this, we can share beautiful music with friends and sing our hearts out together. 

Just make sure you help the driver stay awake especially if it's your friend. Hahaha The upbeat music helps. It really does. Not only does it keep everyone awake, it lessens the stress too especially when someone is driving for hours. And one more thing, do not sleep! Hahaha Sorry Coley! :-D



AN ODE TO BANAUE

All the rooms at Crystal Beach are named after biblical characters. Ours was the House of Ezra and it reminded me so much of the traditional Ifugao hut that served host to my Banaue trip, which was so memorable by the way. Click the link in red to see more of it. Ezra's house can accommodate up to five people. The toilet and bath though is communal, but thankfully it's located just right across our hut so I didn't have to worry about walking with just my towel on :-P 

In pop culture, the resort was converted into Casa Corazon, the restaurant owned by the Buenavista's in the remake of Pangako Sa'yo, a famous Philippine TV series top-billed by Daniel Padilla, Kathryn Bernardo, Jodi Sta. Maria, Angelica Panganiban, and Ian Veneracion. 

This hut has three levels. You can see the open dining area from this photo where we had our dinner and drinking session. Hahaha It's where all the naughty secrets were revealed too while we did the traditional Category and Truth or Dare games! :-D

So the third level is my sleeping area. It's an attic without windows. Well, the entire hut doesn't have windows. It has a good working a/c though and two electric fans, one for the girls and one for me upstairs.

There was a company outing during our entire stay. We took advantage of their music and that saved us battery. Hahaha The whole property is quite big. Two volleyball courts, enough parking space, two restaurants, and shores long and wide enough with huts and lounges for guests.


CHEERS TO SANDY TOES

It wasn't a white sand beach, but not bad if you just wish to spend time with friends, catch up, be one with nature, and eat good food. Having been to Indonesia, Malapascua Island, Bantayan Island, and El Nido (and let me include Boracay too), I can say this one isn't as gorgeous, but we know nature has its way of rejuvenating us, gorgeous or less gorgeous, and we got rejuvenated, more bonded. So thank you Zambales!






THE SUNSET CHASER 



We can blame it all on shooting stars or in this case, this pretty sunset.

BOHO CHIC


Amazed how my Ranroe Official mandals can be so flexible. From casual to formal to the beach, they really can work! Thanks, Rani!

Photo credits to www.c-mae.com <3


So another holiday has been accomplished. Been asked by so many especially those who have thousands or even millions of savings in their bank accounts, "What's my biggest investment?" It always took me a while to figure out the answer especially that I probably don't have a single centavo to my name. You know, the comparison. But now, I know. My friends. My family will always be there, but the people I met along the way especially those who stay regardless of distance, location are the ones I can say my greatest treasure. Looking back through the years, I can say I have invested a lot, I invested on people. Like business, I've lost and I gained, but the good thing is I gained more. 

Real friends (those who stick with you through thick and thin), party friends, or even plastic friends Hahaha cheers to more adventures. 

"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves!"


XoXo, 

Red Eye ;-)

The Bae's Nicole, Mae, Anne, and Red Eye Hahaha Insert Saskia, please! ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts