Overnight Stay in Kuala Lumpur

I'm taking a break from social media as of this writing (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). Let's just say there are things that are not meant to be read nor seen. If a stimulus causes pain then it's best to stay away from it the soonest possible time. Well, I hope I'm doing the right thing, at least temporarily! But aside from that, I just noticed lately that blogs ,including this unknown page of mine, are overshadowed by Instagram as people are so into photos and myself is not an exemption. I'm addicted! But for tonight, I'm abstaining from using it until my mood changes because of the two reasons above. Let me kick this insanity off by sharing with you the quick trip I had in Malaysia. Warning: a little photo vomit is about to happen!

Last year, I raced against Haiyan for my Vietnam trip and just recently, I raced against a typhoon again, Glenda. My supposed two-night, three-day trip to Kuala Lumpur became an overnight stay. I want to think of it as a negative, but it's still somehow a blessing. I think an overnight stay is enough if someone like me just wants to see the Petronas Towers, which was once the tallest structure in the world. I guess if you've been following me, you know I'm addicted to architecture and interior design. Believe it or not, the first thing I did when I got close to the tower was touch its walls. Well, you couldn't blame me. I'm just in love with it! It was a quick visit, but I was able to accomplish my greatest goal and aside from that, I was able to do a side trip to Batu Caves as well, just around 30 minutes from the city central. 


Any Red Eye trip won't be complete without a glossy in hand. It's either something I bought or an airline freebie. I walked past National Bookstore in the airport and it was hard to resist this edition, my first Tatler Traveller. 


No wonder there was a number of turbulence while I was aboard Cebu Pacific going to Kuala Lumpur.

From where I sat, I could see this vast plantation of palm trees for oil production. 

Nasi Goreng Chicken and Prawns. Since we arrived in the evening, everything that was in my mind while still on the plane was food, food, food! 

You can't expect the tower to be open for guests in the middle of the night so I ended up taking a photo of it from afar.

And to prove I was there, let this selfie be the testament. 

I must admit this is one of my favorite photos. I'm not trying to be vain, but I just thought I look good here! :-D

So the towers were not so lit up when I arrived. Come on, it was almost 2am at night! Quite saddening so I told myself I had to be back at daytime. 

Another proof I was there. Let this selfie be the testament. 

So these are the two giants at daylight. Magnificent, isn't it?

The wrong train taken going to Batu Caves. It was one hell of a train ride. 

One has to take hundreds of steps before he or she can experience the grandeur of the interior of Batu Cave. 

Stone formations inside the major cave. 

Now, that's grandiose. 



I was there in the middle of the night. I'm back at daytime. The haggard look after all the walking and train transfers.

The fountain fronting the tower entrance.

The train window when I was heading back to the city central.

Another favorite photo of myself. :-D Again, I'm not trying to be vain. The wall is just too perfect as backdrop for my blue-themed day!

I must say this trip is the second one where I could say, "I weathered the storm!." :-D Well, there are still a lot of storms to weather more than the real storm. And I'm starting that today! Though I've put Facebooking, Tweeting, and Instagramming temporarily on hold, you can still check me out on Twitter and IG @LifeOfRedEye I had one Filipino and Malaysian friend with me so this trip was, I would say, smooth as silk and I had them to be thankful for. I guess IG helped me a lot in meeting new friends and making trips easier and more fun! I wish to gain more and you could start expanding your connections too. 

XoXo,

Red Eye ;-) 

Comments

Popular Posts