Unexpected Canigao Island Adventure

Finally, I have faster and more reliable internet connection, but I waited too long for this one to be installed. I paid on June 6, 2014, but it had just been installed today, almost a month and half after. The drudgery of waiting was too annoying. I got it now though and from Smart Wimax, I am now an official PLDT Home DSL user. Hopefully, I will get a more satisfactory, if not the perfect experience with PLDT. I am back to blogging, baby! I couldn't be more excited.

To start it off, let me share to you this unexpected adventure I had in Leyte. After some colleagues and I attended our manager's wedding in Abuyog, Leyte, we decided to stay for another night in the province, but not on the mainland itself. At first, I just overheard people talking about Canigao. It didn't interest me right away until I heard it's got white sand shores. So then my eyes opened wide and my face was beaming with smile.  

It was unplanned, which made it more exciting. I was oblivious of the small amount of money left in my pocket and I didn't care at all. In my mind, I was telling myself that whatever amount I have, it will be enough and I was right. From Abuyog, we couldn't get a vehicle where all of us could fit so we headed to Tacloban then back to Abuyog then to Hilongos where the island is close to. 

I know I'm not so good into details. I didn't take note of the names of the places we've had stopovers at, I didn't take note of the time, the people, etc. It was an adventure and I didn't want to stress my mind out thinking about the whats and wheres. I just wanted to go with the flow, let go of what's been, and enjoy the journey. Trust me, there were a lot of revelations and realizations along the way that could have hindered the fun, but I didn't allow them to take over me completely. Here are some photos I want to share to you. 

Canigao Island taken the day after while I was on the boat going to the mainland.


We sailed to the island very late at night after our joyride from Abuyog to Tacloban to Abuyog to Hilongos, the closest Municipality to Canigao. We rented a boat from my colleague's uncle so instead of the usual Php 3,000.00 back and forth trip, we only paid Php 700.00!

You can see the white sand shores of the island from the two photos above. Since we arrived at night and they turn the power off at midnight, I decided to just take photos in the morning. 
View from the beach. The beach was so enticing and my colleagues took a dip at night and early in the morning. However, I didn't try to test the waters no matter how tempting it was because I was running out of clothes. I just enjoyed the view, the breeze, and of course, every conversation that was full of laughter. 
Yeah, weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Hello, sunrise!

I've always been fascinated with sunset or sunrise especially when I'm at the beach so here's a sunrise treat for everyone. 
Now, this is part of Canigao. When we had our stopover in Tacloban, I was dying to visit the Sto. Nino Shrine, owned by the woman I look up to the most who is no less than the Steel Butterfly herself, Madam Imelda Marcos. I drove past it, but due to time constraints, we opted not to stop and get in. I hope it's been restored already after it was affected by Haiyan, locally known as super typhoon Yolanda. 

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @LifeOfRedEye for more photos of my adventures and the fields I'm interested in! :-) Photo credits to Google Images for my Sto. Nino Shine collage. 


Comments

Popular Posts