The Power VEST-ed in Me

I simply call it a vest, but it can be called some other names depending on where you are coming from or what your influence is. A waistcoat in the UK, a sweater vest in the U.S. or Canada, or Banyan for Indian English. Whichever way it is referred to, this type of upper garment is something I'm having a penchant for nowadays. Typically an upper garment, the vest of my choice is one that goes down to my knees or at least a few inches above it. It looks like a dress from behind if you're pairing it with shorts while the drama seeps through your vision as you avert your focus to the front. I usually match it with a pair of mandals or maybe always! 


When I was on the 2nd day of the Manila Fashion Festival to support my friend whom I had the pleasure of working with for her lookbook, I opted for this simple look with signature pieces from Ranroe. The grey blue short-sleeved button down top, which I bought many years ago tucked in my checkered "ukay-ukay" pair of shorts is married with the Ranroe vest with large shoulder flaps that was custom-made for me. I finished the entire look with a pair of Ranroe mandals and my @SunniesStudios sunglasses. 


Get the look!
Below the Waist Vest with Shoulder Flaps: Rani Tolentino
Mandals: @RanroeOfficial
Sunglasses: @SunniesStudios


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts