Not Everyone's Cup of Tea


You're not everyone's cup of tea, but it's okay!


Whether chasing that elusive dream job or hoping that someday you'll wake up next to the person you've been secretly longing to be with or lay next to, rejection will often find its way to get in and worse, even if you hadn't made a move yet. Sometimes you won't even know why. How unfair, right? But the truth of the matter is...life is really unfair! We can't sugarcoat it. Otherwise, we'll all be living in a lie, in a fantasy. 

Think about how many times and how many hundreds of resumes you've sent and got no response at all. How many times have you wondered why? How many times did you question yourself? "Am I not good enough?" "Is my work ugly?" "What could have I improved on?" "Is the dream job really for me?" How about changing the things so valuable to you just to fit your crush's definition of what good-looking is? "Oh, he likes my hair slicked back!" when what makes you feel handsome-est is really that Johnny Depp bad boy hair. You do your very best to "fit in" but still end up in the trash bin. These are just a few realities of how rejection can be unpleasant, painful.

But it's okay! Not everyone thinks the highest of us for us to be their first pick whether it be for love or career, but there are many, whether we are a coffee, a tea, or a chocolate drink..., who think we are more than adequate to fill their cups. Here's why. 

While I go through the scrolling and tapping---my iPhone had probably been so horny :-D every time I do this everyday---I came across a photo with a message that's so motivating! I couldn't help, but share. It's so en pointe that I don't even have to write anything at all. So in the middle of this #hugot playlist I'm listening to on Spotify and this second mug of coffee I'm having in this cold rainy night, I'm sharing you these thoughts of someone that hit many so hugely and I'm not an exception!

This meme is somehow not credited online, but whoever the author is, "Thank you!"

“Live your life for you not for anyone else. Don’t let the fear of being judged, rejected or disliked stop you from being yourself.”---Sonya Parker 


XoXo, 


Red Eye ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts