Paying Homage to the 90's Choker

This may be in honor of an accessory made famous during the 1990's, but as you can see, I don't even have a close-up photo of the choker I'm wearing. Hahaha There's a sneaky story behind this that I cannot reveal for now. I was initially going to wear something from a blogger friend Faye Balogo, but it didn't fit the circumference of my neck. Thank goodness though I only have a big neck, not a big head! LOLerz :-D

The choker trend rose again a few seasons back. Many fashion week style stars were spotted on the streets strutting their modern version of the choker. Not that there's much difference from how they look back in the 90's. But it only became a big hit again when #instamodels (supermodels of the new era) Gigi Hadid and Kylie Jenner are fashionably paparazzied wearing the said accessory. A friend of mine started designing chokers too being a super fan of Gigi. And so I thought maybe I should join Hahaha When I was planning my wardrobe for my Baguio trip last month, I made sure that every outfit can work with a choker. Here's the last #ootd I had! 

Hop to the next page to get the look and shout out to SM Baguio for serving as backdrop to this unexpected shoot :-D Trying to kill time while waiting for our lunch to be served at Shakey's :-P


 The top is actually a long lady's top that I made into a man's upper garment. Hahaha Just make sure you choose a piece from the women's section that's loose enough and without shape to lessen the girly-ness.




Get the look:
Black Lace Choker, Dark Grey Long Knit Top from my favorite vintage store, Reversible Denim Shorts from Oxygen Clothing, and high-cut shoes from Supra Footwear! And before I forget, my favorite pair ('cause I only have one) of cat eye sunnies courtesy of Faye Balogo's eye wear collection. 

Photo credits: @ColeySilva

I will be off to another holiday soon. This time it's the beach. Yehey! After more than a year of vacation from a beach holiday...! Excitingly, I will be sharing this weekend getaway with my girls. Can't wait. The frustrating part is I still have a lot to share about my Baguio escapade, So now, I'm choked, choker-ed! Hahaha :-D

Might not be able to blog real-time come weekend, but you can check my Instagram @EditsByRedEye for some travel updates and #ootd's 


XoXo,

Red Eye ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts