A Throwback Write-up on LCP

LCP before its closure on March 12, 2019


Before I embark on a new career, I was tempted to go over the interesting works I have done, since I moved to Metro Manila in 2015. One of the things I am really proud of is working as an intern at L'Official Manila. I cannot remember anymore how long the stretch of my experience, but it was certainly one of the most prized career stopovers I ever had.

I am linking below some of the works I have done for the magazine. However, only the original versions of the features I made. 


As I scrolled through my emails from 2015 to 2016, I came across the article I made for a boutique that was about to launch that time. It already had its soft opening when I read through the press kit. While working on the item, I did not know what LCP stood for yet so I started off by talking about the mystery behind the name. Let me share with you though the unpublished version of that article in italics and in red.


What LCP really stands for still remains a mystery, but this love letter to shopping as it is described has already enamored and captured so many hearts, since its soft opening last year. This beautifully curated boutique features brands spanning from Australia, USA, South America, and Europe. Its interior also boasts a classy bar with old trinkets everywhere, signature LCP boxes stacked upon each other, high ceilings filled with staple fashion books and racks with gold plating. 

With the most coveted brands and curated lifestyle essentials available in this charming place for today’s modern women, LCP does not only offer shopping experience at its finest, but also serves as a reflection of class and sophistication that epitomizes the woman, Pie Alvarez, who mailed this so-called love letter to shopping. Be ready to fall as LCP sweeps you off your feet when it officially launches soon!


Sadly though, according to the article published by Preen on March 12, 2019, this lovely store permanently bade farewell. During its last day, their clothes were sold at 80 percent off, lounge wear and vests at 50 percent off, and home items from Bali at 30 to 50 percent off. The furniture in the boutique was also on sale.I have learned, four years later, that LCP actually means "Love, Candy Pie."

Nothing is sweet in farewells, more so if irreversible. But maybe the love letter has been received. It served its purpose. It may be old-fashioned, but love letters never go out of style. 








Photo credits to LCP press kit.


XoXo,



Red Eye :-)

Edits by Red Eye (Instagram)



DISCLAIMER: This article was written during my stint as editorial intern at L'Officiel Manila. The original version (which you can see here) was edited to meet the standards of the magazine. It can be seen from the previous issues specifically at the Dossier section.

I am posting the unedited write-up for personal use only. In line with this, I am also expressing my heartfelt gratitude to the publication especially the editors I've worked with for the opportunity I was given. Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts