You, Me, and Bantayan Island

I'm not sure where it's coming from, but Bantayan island has always been so dear to me. Every time I think of love, beautiful images of the place flash in my mind right away. Its sand is not sugary white as that in Malapascua or probably Boracay, but there's something about the place that always makes me want to go back.

Just recently, I had another chance to go back to the place. Repair was still going on after typhoon Haiyan, locally known as Yolanda, hit the country. There were UN tents, bent trees, and roofs that got blown away. Aside from that, nothing has changed really. The locals were still welcoming and the beach remained magnificent. 

This was my third time and should I say this was the best? Let's just say each experience was unique. The first time I was there was with friends and the experience was so damn good that we wanted to go for a trip again. The laughter we shared was irreplaceable. My second time was a different story. I'd like to talk about it, but some things they said are better left unsaid. But I can still remember how exactly I felt about my relationship at that time, the feeling that you needed to please people, that you needed to show them you can give them the best in this world just to assure yourself you belong, that you're someone they can be proud of.  Nevertheless, the memories were still worth keeping. And I got to stop here!

My third visit was all about the island experience. I was with someone who was a first-timer and yes, I felt the need to impress this person, make his experience memorable. There was not much to do there especially that the island was still recovering from the damages caused by the typhoon last year, but then again, we are the ones making memories no matter how limited the things that can be done, right? The itinerary was simple--swimming in the beach and pool, an afternoon walk on the shore with the sunset as the backdrop, scouting local restaurants for dinner, stopping for the never-ending 'photo shoots', and my all-time favorite, having great conversations! Scootering around the island was probably the best because the best cartographer in the world was with me, but I'd still go back to great conversations. Any of those wouldn't be so memorable without convos and exchanging of crazy antics in between. 


Sunset photo I took at the beach in Santa Fe, Bantayan Island

Capturing the moments of two worlds apart. Got inspired by the Caroline Trentini shot for the September Issue of Vogue with Sienna Miller on the cover. 

We stayed at Ogtong Cave, Santa Fe Beach Club! Instead of paying Php 3,200.00 per night, we only paid Php 2,880.00 after a discounted rate was applied because we were staying for two nights. 

You can check me out on Instagram and Twitter @RedEye0920 or follow me if you wish to! 😃



Comments

Popular Posts