The Bag Hag and I

This is the first time I'm blogging again after more than a year of being away from blogosphere. So much had happened and I don't want to get into details anymore. I just want to start over again, fresh and ready to share the things I'm passionate about to those who will be dropping by. A 'big event' in my life just happened recently that pushed me to blog again.

I saw someone on a TV show (Cocktails on TV5) last year. She just arrived fresh from Europe after the Milan fashion week. I know quite a few bloggers in the country, but she's the one I look up to the most---she conquered the fashion capitals of the world for crying out loud. So then I started to 'stalk' her! I checked her blog constantly, followed her on Twitter, and eventually on IG.

I'm not sure if I just got lucky or God really planned it for me because believe it or not, I got to meet her in an event at Shangri La Mactan. Of course, through her invitation. So let me tell you a little story. She posted a photo on IG with a caption saying she's going to be in Cebu. Being her fan, I commented and she was so kind enough to respond. On top of that, she wanted me to visit a Wedding Expo at the hotel where she was invited. All I wanted was a photo opp with her, but I got more than that. 

Our only means of communication was Instagram at the comments department. I waited for her in the venue. I was looking around while observing the people telling myself that maybe they were there to meet the same person I was about to meet. Then there came a stunning lady in a floral dress, quite statuesque because of her classy high heels, and an aura that's quite intimidating and welcoming at the same time. She didn't see me so I followed her like a lost child. Surprisingly, she recognized me right away, she turned back and asked, "Are you, Red?" We then talked a little fan-idol talk. We had a few photos together, but what surprised me the most was that she was gracious enough to introduce me to her friends and some people she knew there. As a VIP and tasked to blog about the event, there was a front row seat reserved for her I'd like to assume. But instead of nestling there, she stood at the back with me, took photos of the fashion show, and continued our chit-chat. It was so fairy-tale like (?), just so surreal to know that someone as high-profile as her was so generous enough to accommodate a stranger like me!

She blogs about bags. Not just ordinary bags, but those that only a few people can afford and myself is not even included. Her talks about bags took her to the most coveted places in the world of fashion, but don't think it's too superficial because my story alone tells that she is more than just The Bag Hag. I'm just one of the lucky few maybe to meet Ingrid Chua-Go, but it's not yet too late for everyone else who shares the same passion with her. Get to know her more through The Bag Hag Diaries Website and Wikipedia!

Ingrid Chua-Go of the The Bag Hag Diaries wearing Micheal Kors dress, Gucci shoes, and Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch.




The wedding gowns displayed at the expo entitled Of Veils and Trails at Shangri La Mactan.
The romantic set-up of the fashion show and a model posing in a wedding gown by one of Cebu's top designers.



You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram @RedEye0920


Comments

Popular Posts