The Fragrant Harbor - Hong Kong

Hong Kong was my second international destination last year. I blogged about the major trips I had in 2013 a few days ago, but I thought I should make a separate write-up about each of my international trips. Most of my trips were a little unexpected. My first was Singapore, the place I wanted to call The Garden of Love because there were gardens everywhere, but this was the time when I didn't have a nice camera and my phone camera was so ancient that I wasn't able to capture good images. Good thing I have an aunt in Hong Kong who was kind enough to let me use her Canon camera during my entire stay!

Most of the time, when people think of a holiday in Hong Kong, a visit to Disneyland is always on top the list or Tsim Sha Tsui for the hungry shopaholics. A side trip to Macau for some people too. But when I booked my plane ticket a few months before my actual flight, none of those activities came to my mind. It was just all about the Bank of China building and other skyscrapers. And probably Tsim Sha Tsui, the shopping district where I can check the stores of my favorite brands as Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, and Versace to name a few! I just have this undying love affair with architecture and interior design so expect my photos to be all about buildings and views with buildings! 

The International Commerce Center, the tallest building in Hong Kong.


Hong Kong harbor at daytime. The tallest building to the right is the second tallest building called Two International Finance Center.

Central Plaza comes as third tallest building.
I finally see  Star Cruises in person, but what attracted me the most are the buildings at the back. They aren't tall, but the use of glass is just futuristic. 

The tram in the city. If we have this in the major cities in the Philippines, our lives would have been easier. 

View of Hong Kong skyline at Victoria Peak.

The tram at Victoria peak.

During the laser light show.

Hong Kong harbor at night during the laser light show.

My first love in Hong Kong, the Bank of China Tower. Currently the fourth tallest building. It's this building that really made me want to visit Hong Kong. 

My Hong Kong metropolitan adventure was supposed to be a 24-hour stay only as I was purely after the skyscrapers. I only booked a hotel room for one night (Credits to my buddy for taking care of it), but Cebu Pacific made changes in my flight, which meant that I had to stay there for two nights.  Since my budget was already messed up, I decided to stay at the airport during the second night while waiting for my flight schedule. I was oblivious of the time though as my aunt and I just spent the whole night catching up. It was definitely a short stay, but I got I wanted. My visual satisfaction that time was overflowing. I talked about part two's last time and yes, there will be part two in the future! :-)

Check me out on Twitter and Instagram @RedEye0920

Comments

Popular Posts